Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Just give hope a chance to float up and it will..."




When I started this blog a couple of months ago, I really had no idea where I was heading. But I thought if I at least began, my spirit would lead me on. And so, it has. From today onward, I declare this space to be a place to revel in the goodness of God and to re-discover goodness in my own heart, in others, and in the world around me. A place where I record my gratitude to God for the people and the blessings in my life. And lastly, this blog will explore the grace that keeps me and the graces shown to me and the grace I desire to give to others.

I'm really excited to be here. It is a place of growth for me. I have wasted too many moments of my life:  dwelling on what's wrong, worrying about things that will probably never happen, trying to solve problems that aren't mine to solve, feeling guilty and making others feel that way, expecting the worst,  stressing out, nitpicking, complaining, judging and in general, peering through  pessimistic spectacles. In short, it's not working for me. Life is too sweet to be bitter. Or negative at every turn. There is just too much pain, heartache and misery out there,  for me to add to it. And at 45, I'm not too old to change. I'll venture to say it won't be easy for me and it won't happen overnight. It will take practice, perseverance, and plenty of positive self-talk. Above all, prayer. That is, looking to God to talk me/walk me through it. But, it's a beginning. Which reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies, Hope Floats:

"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. You need to remember that when you find yourself at the beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up...and it will, too."

Grace,

Becky

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Becky!
    You did it!
    I love this and I love your heart and I CANNOT wait to be inspired by you.
    You have much to share! You have much to dream and much to write!
    45? Meh. Spring-ish chicken!
    You're real and I love that.
    And I love you!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement!Yur the Bestest! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete